Welcome to the MEDIA AND/AS ETHNOGRAPHY blog.
We'll be using this blog as a space to set the agenda for our weekly seminar meetings.
This is how it will work:
WEEKLY DISCUSSION QUESTIONS & RESPONDENTS
• The class will be divided into 4 groups. Each week one group will be designated to come up with 3 detailed discussion questions for seminar:
1. one addressing a screening(s)
2. one engaging a written text closely, and
3. one open thematic question that places readings in conversation with each other.
For each week another group will be designated as respondents. These groups will rotate so that a different set of students can take charge of guiding the conversation/responding each week, and everyone has weeks off.
• Question Group: You’ll be responsible for posting to the class blog (mediaethnography.blogspot.com) by 4 PM on Monday, and for introducing/framing the questions in seminar. The question about the screening(s) need not be posted to the blog, but can be circulated on paper in class. And just to clarify, the group as a whole (not each member) needs to come up with 3 questions.
POSTS MUST BE LABELED BY WEEK AND QUESTIONS MUST BE NUMBERED.
Topic: WEEK 2: WRITING
• Respondent Group: You’ll be responsible for looking over these questions on the blog and coming up with a set of related issues and questions in response, to be blogged/introduced in class. You should attempt to engage at least one other written text and screening in addition to those addressed by the question group. Responses should ideally be posted to the blog before seminar, but should be up on the blog by the end of the day Tuesday at the very latest.
RESPONDENTS: USE THE COMMENT FUNCTION.
**REMEMBER TO LIST THE NAMES OF THOSE WHO CAME UP WITH THE POST AT THE END OF EVERY POST/RESPONSE**